Deposit Payment Terms
- Tenant needs to pay two months of rent as security deposit.
- Tenant is required to pay a part of the security deposit, referred as the token deposit, at the time of booking.
- The remainder of Security deposit post booking need to be paid 2 days before the license start date.
- The security deposit paid is mentioned in the rental agreement.
- Security / token deposit can be paid either by cash or online.
- In the case where a tenant chooses to make an internal transfer or upgrade his/her current booking type, the difference in the amount of security deposit will be expected to be paid by the tenant before him/her making the actual transfer. In case the new rent is lower, the difference in SDs is adjusted against the following month’s rent.
LICENSE START DATE, RENT PAYMENT AND RENT INCLUSIONS POLICY
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Refund on cancellation
Cancellation before license start date
- If Tenant cancels before license start date, the token & security deposit will be entirely refunded.
- If the tenant doesn't pay the remainder of the security deposit 2 days prior to license start date, the booking will be auto cancelled. The tenant can choose to re-book or initiate refund within 3 days of cancellation. After 3 days the refund is initiated automatically if bank details are provided to us and the token amount will be refunded completely.
Cancellation after License Start Date
- If booking is cancelled within 3 days of move in, refund would be processed after deducting the rent for the number of days from license start date + move-out charges(INR 999).
- If booking is cancelled after 3 days of move in, then lock in breach charges, notice period shortfall charges, renovation charges etc as per the policies will be applicable.
Refund on move-out
- Cancellations are allowed only up to 3 days of move in and anything after that would be considered a move out.
- The security deposit shall be refunded, after deduction if any as per NestAway’s policies, within 7 bank working days from the day of move-out.
- If the tenant decides to move out before completion of lock-in period (6 months of stay) with NestAway, one month's rent for lock-in breach will be charged, assuming 10-days' notice is given.
- Tenant has to serve 10 days of notice period without exception, any shortfall in notice period will be charged pro rata based on the shortfall in the number of days from the 10 day notice period.
- If a tenant moves out within 6 months without giving 10 days of notice, then rent for 1 month and 10 days will be deducted.
- Any unpaid rent, utility payments will be deducted from the security deposit.
- A charge of INR 999 will be deducted towards cleaning of the room, linen change etc. on opting to move out. This is a fixed charge which every tenant bears upon his/her exit.
- Tenant has to pay for damages, on actuals, in case there’s some damage to the property or it’s belongings.
All refund shall be processed via cheque or online transfer.
- If the booking is made through cash, it shall take up to 7 bank working days to process the refund after obtaining the bank account details from the tenant.
- If the booking is made online, it shall take up to 7 bank working days to process the refund. Actual receipt of the money is subject to payment gateway refund processing time line.
MOVE - IN / MOVE - OUT POLICY
- Move-in date can be rescheduled to any day as long as it is after license start date.
- If the tenant decides to move-in before license start date then the license start date will be preponed to the move-in date.The rent shall be calculated according to the License start date clause.
- If the move-in date is postponed the rent will start as per the Security Deposit and license start date clause. However, the utility charges and other charges will be charged from actual move in date.
- Token and Security deposit need to be paid 2 days before license start date.
- Cash payments will be accepted for the security deposit or advance rent up to 48 hours before the time of move-in.
- To move-in on a particular date, it is mandatory to schedule a move-in 2 days before the move-in date.
- Documents for e.g.:- address proof, identity proof, proof of employment, photograph etc. and profile need to be uploaded 2 days before the move in date. If document and profile is not uploaded on time then tenant will not be able to schedule move-in.
- Bed will be automatically released and will be available for booking to others if any of the previous two conditions on Token/Security Deposit payment and Document upload is not complete.
- Tenant needs to schedule his move-in prior to actual moving into the house.
- The agreement shall be delivered to the tenant after 3 days of move-in (after the trial period) and before 7 working days of moving in. In few cities where e-agreements are not allowed like Pune, Mumbai etc., the agreement creation can take upto 45 working days. The agreement shall be delivered via registered courier or in-person delivery.
- Move out needs to be initiated by the tenant. Please log-in to www.nestaway.com with your registered E-mail id. Go to My Account and Select Move Out. Other means like mails to Care, telephonic conversation with any employee, etc. will not be considered.
- Tenant need to ensure his presence on the scheduled move out date else the damages, if any, listed by the inspection team would be considered final.
Move-out date changes
- On opting to move out, the tenant shall be asked to choose a License end date.
- The tenant can choose license end date upto 45 days in advance.
- The settlement charges etc. will be calculated based on the license end date.
- The tenant can move out any time before license end date.
- The Tenant will also be required to choose a Move Out date.
- The Move out date can be any day on or before the license end date.
- The tenant needs to choose the move out date so that Official handover of the keys, Move Out inspection etc. can be handled accordingly.
- Move out Date can be postponed by the tenant, upto a maximum of 7 days from the License end date. in this case, the license end date also gets shifted to the Move-Out date
- Once License end date is selected, the Move Out date can be preponed any number of times, But the license end date will remain the same.
- Move out request can be cancelled upto one day before scheduled Move Out date subject to availability and if the bed/room/house is not available, then the tenant can request for an internal transfer.
- A charge of INR 200 will be applicable if the cancellation request is being made in cases where there is a continuing rent default at the time of providing the move out request.
License End Date :
Move Out Date:
Cancellation of move out request
INTER/INTRA-CITY MOVEMENT POLICY
- Any Internal transfer within 3 days of move in would be charged at Rs 999 as move out charges.
- After that, it will be charged at accordingly to the below mentioned criteria:
If the move out from the present house is before the ‘6-month’ lock-in period, then 50% of the current monthly rent Plus Move Out charges( Rs. 999) shall be charged. If the move out from the present house is after the ‘6-month’ lock-in period, then only Move Out charges(Rs. 999) are applicable.
- Once the Internal Transfer request is accepted charges will be applicable irrespective of whether the tenant wants to proceed with internal transfer or not.
- Changes within same houses like listed below can be done for a fee of INR 999. No additional charges are
applicable except for the difference in Security Deposit, if present:
Bed swapping within the same room.
Room change within the same house.
Room booking to a Bed booking.
House booking to a Room booking.
- Agreement re-making charges may be applicable over and above these charges in selected cities depending on the local laws pertaining to the respective cities. (For e.g:- Pune, Mumbai etc.)
Note: All movements are subject to availability.
GUEST HOSTING POLICY
- No guests are allowed to stay overnight without prior recorded consent of roommates.
- Guests of opposite gender are strictly not allowed after 8 PM in the premise without prior recorded consent of roommates & society office (wherever applicable).
- The host tenant shall be held responsible for the conduct of his/her guests in the premise & its consequences thereafter. Any financial losses incurred shall be borne by the host tenant.
- It’s advised that tenant seeks his/her flatmate's approval prior raising such requests so that it doesn’t cause any inconvenience to them. In case the approval is not obtained, the tenant is expected not to host any guests.
POLICY FOR KEEPING PETS
- Pets are only allowed in the houses that show up on search once you select the "Pet Friendly" filter on the website.
- NestAway will not be liable for the upkeep of the pet or in the event any damage/ harm is caused to any co-tenant or co-tenant’s pet. Also, the owner of the pet will be liable to pay the cost of any damage caused to the property due to their pet.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- NestAway houses are located in various cities across India in reputed society and safe locations. In order to maintain a peaceful environment of the society, nuisance or misconduct of any kind including but not limited to playing loud music beyond the permitted time limit, drinking/smoking in society corridors/ premises and consumption of illegal and banned substances are not allowed in NestAway houses.
- Visitors of the opposite sex are not allowed after 8:00 PM, unless approved by roommates and society office (wherever applicable).
- Internal issues/ fights among the tenants are better resolved among roomies. Involvement of NestAway is not beneficial and hence undesirable.
- In the event tenant breaks any rules as stipulated herein or as contained in the leave and license agreement, NestAway on behalf of the owner, reserves the right to, issue appropriate notice including but not limited to Eviction notice to the tenant or charge a penalty amount of 5000 INR or more at its sole discretion.
THEFT & DAMAGE POLICY
- The tenant shall be responsible for his/her belongings in the Scheduled Premise and neither the owner, NestAway nor it’s vendors shall not be held liable/ responsible for the same.
- For general maintenance and/or showing the scheduled premises to any prospective tenants, NestAway shall keep an extra key of the scheduled premises. It is hereby advised to all the tenants to keep their valuables locked inside the cupboards and not to leave them unattended.
- In the case of theft/loss and damage of any furnishing or appliance or furniture in the house , all the tenants staying at the scheduled premises at that point of time shall be held responsible.
- A reasonable sum shall be deducted from security deposit of tenants towards compensation of the loss/ theft and damage or an amount as mentioned in cancellation & refund policy. In case the recovery amount exceeds the security deposit, the tenants shall be liable to pay the amount.
- For general maintenance & showing houses to other tenants, NestAway's employees or its affiliate agents may keep a copy of the keys of your house. We advise you to keep your valuables locked inside the cupboards & never leave them unattended in open places.
- We shall not be responsible for any theft or accidental damage to your valuables in case of an untoward incident.
Tenants will be required to apply the offer code to avail the offer with NestAway.
The tenant must apply the offer code in order to benefit from the policy.
Last Bed Offer
The offer is only applicable for bookings on last bed.
The tenant must complete 1 month stay with NestAway post move-in, in order to claim the credits.
Credits received may vary based on the ongoing promotion.
A maximum credit of INR 2000 is applicable for ongoing offer on last beds.
Offers can be applied only once per booking.
Credits cannot be redeemed for cash under any circumstances.
Credits can be used to pay for NestAway services including monthly rent.
A maximum of 95% of the available credits can be used per transaction.
- Keys for the main door of the house and particular rooms are provided to all tenants.
- On losing the keys, the tenant can make a duplicate key by himself/herself or request NestAway to do the same. In case, the tenant requests NestAway, a charge of INR 250 will be levied in addition to the actual cost incurred for making a duplicate key.
All issues reported within 7 days of move-in in dashboard (verbal communication to anyone would not be
sufficient) would be charged as below:
- First tenant move in to a House - all house/room/bed level to NestAway
- First tenant to a Room but not first tenant to a House - all house level to existing tenants, room/bed level to NestAway
- Subsequent tenants to a Room - all house/room level to existing tenant, bed level to NestAway
- All issues (non structural) post 7 days to be borne by tenants
- NestAway is not responsible for the maintenance of any appliances that are fitted in the house, that the tenant has rented, although on demand NestAway may provide maintenance service and the same will be charged to the tenant.
The services that NestAway provides to User are subject to the following TOU. NestAway reserves the right to
update the TOU at any time without notice to User...
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that the information of / provided by any Users visiting the Website is
stored in accordance with the applicable laws. The information stored in such manner shall be protected by
NestAway Technologies Private Limited (“NESTAWAY”) via a secure server software...